面粉 400g （过篩）
无盐牛油 250g （室温切粒 ）
红苹果去皮去心切丁方 ( 任何种类也可，足以鋪滿烤盘的底部便行。)
肉桂粉 1 茶匙
3. 预热烤箱至 180c 。
4. 烤盘內抹牛油，把苹果馅料放进底部铺平，把奶酥加在上面平均按满。置烤箱內焗 40 ~ 45 分钟或至表面金黄色。
牛奶 1 pint / 570 ml
单忌亷/ 动物性奶油 55 ml
云尼拿香精 1/2 茶匙
蛋黃 4 個
砂糖 30g / 1oz
粟粉 2 茶匙
4. 把奶蛋羹全部倒回小煲去，加云尼拿香精，用小火再次煮热。用木匙轻轻不断搅拌以防黏底，至奶蛋液开始微沸，变厚了和可以在木匙上停留便即熄火。 ( 小心不要煮过头， 煮过火了會呈凝结微粒狀 。如真的煮過火了，可尝试把奶蛋倒进另一碗或干净量杯去，继续搅拌看是否會再呈光滑；必要时可过篩试试。)
Recipe source : Rice Bowl Tales
Apple Crumble with Homemade Custard
For the topping:
400g plain flour, sieved
250g unsalted butter, cubed at room temparature.
160g light soft brown sugar
knob of butter for greasing
For the filling:
any type of red apples, enough to cover the base of a round oven dish, peeled, cored and cut into small square pieces.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Use your finger tips to rub the butter into the flour mixture, keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c .
3. Place the apple in another large bowl, add the dried fruit and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Butter the oven-proof dish, put the fruit mixture on the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top. Bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes until the top is browned .
570ml / 1 pint fresh milk
55 ml / 2fl oz single cream
1 /2 tsp good vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
30g / 1 oz caster sugar
1. Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour together in a large bowl until well combined .
2. Bring the milk and cream to a simmering point on a low heat.
3. Pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture, whisking all the time with a balloon whisk.
4. Return to the pan and on a low heat, add vanilla extract, stir gently and continuously with a wooden spoon until the custard is thick and smooth; which will happen as soon as it reaches simmering point, then turn off the heat. ( Take great care not to over heat it, or they will curdle and look grainy. If that happens, try transfer it to a clean measuring jug or a bowl and continue to whisk it until it becomes smooth again or straining it through a sieve may help too. )
5. Pour custard into a jug and serve it at once.
6. To keep hot, stand the jug in hot water, and cover the top with cling film to prevent the skin forming.