虾 300g ( 洗净，去肠泥，切小块 )
白酒 80ml （ 我用日式料理酒 ）
3． 用汤匙舀出少许虾面团，排在盤子上, 待冷。
面包屑100g ( 我用黄色的面包屑 )
Bechamel Prawn CroquetteBechamel sauce
600ml cold milk
1. Heat the butter in a small saucepan until melting. Add in flour, stir with a wooden spatula constantly until all flour dissolved, keep frying the flour mixture (it will taste floury if not cook the flour mixture well). Remove from heat, pour in cold milk, stir constantly until mixture thicken. Set aside.
300g prawns, washed and deveined, chopped into small
80ml white cooking wine (I used Japanese cooking sake )
2 tbsp butter
a pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Heat a frying pan, add the butter. When the butter melted, add the prawn.Fried the prawn until it turns red or cooked (~1 min). Add the white wine.
2. Pour the prawn and the sauce into the prepared bechamel sauce, mixed well. Add salt and pepper.
3. Use two spoons, scoop the prawn dough into a small ball. Arrange on a tray and let it cool. (Doesn't matter if the dough is too wet at this stage)
Croquette skinIngredients :
breadcrumbs 100g ( I used yellow colour breadcrumbs )
1. Place flour, egg and breadcrumbs into a plate respectively. Use two spoons scoop up one prawn dough ball on the tray, coated it with flour, let the dough roll on the plate, pat out the excessive flour. Dip the prawn dough into the egg liquid (no need to be too much) 。Place the prawn dough into the breadcrumbs plate and let it roll on the plate.
2 Repeat step 1 until all prawn dough are coated with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Arranged the prawns dough in a tray and place then in the fridge for 15 mins. (If you are not frying all the croquette, you can keep it in the freezer)
3. Heat up oil in a small deep saucepan, when the oil is hot, lower the prawn dough gently to the oil, fried until it turns golden brown. (Remember the inner filling is already cooked, so don't fry the dough for too long) Let the prawn croquette dry on a piece of kitchen paper.