Bika ambon 是印尼棉兰(Medan ) 的特产蛋糕。Bika Ambon （印尼黄金蛋糕），主要的材料是木薯粉，椰奶，鸡蛋，面粉，糖 & 班兰。蛋糕组织如蜂巢般，吃起来蛮油腻。
食谱取自 ： 名食谱 ，第82期
材料 (A) :
材料 (B) :浓椰浆头 300ml **
材料 (C ) :全蛋 1 粒
鸡蛋黄 7 粒
细砂糖 80g （ 我放40g ）
粟米油 / 溶化牛油 30ml
4．加入煮过的浓椰浆头（材料B）拌匀，徐徐加入木薯粉，轻轻搅拌均匀，然后加入发酵椰水（材料A ）. 再加入盐和粟米油搅拌均匀。
Bika Ambon is a dessert from Indonesia. Made from ingredients such as tapioca flour, eggs, sugar, yeast and coconut milk, Bika Ambon generally sold in pandan flavour, although now available also other flavors like banana, durian, cheese, chocolate.The yeast creates bubbles, which gives it a unique spongy texture when it is baked.
Although the name contains the word "Ambon", the name of an island and its largest city, Bika Ambon is widely known as the specialty cake of Medan in North Sumatra and often brought as a gift by those whom visited the city
Bika Ambon / “ Kuih Apom “
Ingredients A :
coconut juice 100ml
plain flour 25g
rice flour 25g
caster sugar 1tbsp
instant dried yeast 6g
Ingredients B :Santan mata ulo ( santan kepala ) 300ml
Caster sugar 100g
Ingredients C :1 whole egg
7 egg yolks
Caster sugar 80g ( I put 40g only )
Tapioca flour 200g
Corn oil / melted butter 30ml
1. Combine all ingredients A , and let it rise for 30minutes .
2. In a small pot , add the ingredients B , heat it up over medium heat and stirring until sugar completely dissolved , remove from heat , keep aside .
3. In a mixing bowl , whisk egg yolks with sugar for 5 minutes until a soft peaks form .
4. Add in cooked “ santan kepala “ ( ingredients B ) , mix well . Gradually add in tapioca flour and mix until well combined , add in fermented coconut juice ( ingredients A ) with salt and corn oil , mix well .
5. Pour mixture into a large bowl , cover with cloth and let it rest and ferment for 3 hours .
1. Preheat oven at 170c . Next , preheat a greased 7 inches square baking tin as well .
2. Lightly stir the mixture , and strain it into baking tin . Bake it with bottom heat and leave the oven door slightly open during baking. Bake for 1 hour until cooked through .
3. Turn to top heat , bake for further 10 minutes until surface is golden brown .
4. Remove from oven , let it cool . Dish out and cut , serve .
Ingredients :600ml thick coconut milk ( freshly pressed from shredded coconut )
1. Add coconut milk into a pot , bring to boil over medium heat , and let it boil for 2 minutes until bubble rises . Remove from heat , let it cool .
2. Slowly spoon up the upper layer of the coconut milk ( santan mata ulo ) and it’s ready to use .
You may prepare more of this “santan kepala” and keep the balance into freezer for your next usage .