Dough :250g Bread flour
1/2 teaspoon Instant yeast
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg yolk
30g Unsalted butter
Seeds from ¼ pod of vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Egg yolks
15g Cake flour
A dash of salt
60g peaches ( tin )
½ tbsp lemon juice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
250g peaches , cut into small pieces
Mint leaves for decorating
Method :1. Prepare dough : Mix everything together except the butter and knead until the dough starts to become elactic.Then ,knead in the butter until the dough becomes soft,smooth and almost satiny .Cover and let it proof until double .
2. Meanwhile , prepare the custard cream .Whisk eggs , vanilla extract , egg yolks ,sugar and cake flour until pale and frothy . Whisk in the flour and salt . In a saucepan , bring milk to boil and slowly pour this into the egg mixture,stirring it all the while as you pour. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook until it thickens. Pour the cooked custard into a bowl and put cling wrap directly onto the surface to prevent it from forming a film . Set it aside .
3. Prepare peach sauce : Coarsely chop the 60g peaches and mix with sugar , lemon juice and vanilla extract . Cook it on medium low heat until it turns jam like . let it cool down .
4. When bread dough has doubled,divide dough into 12pcs.Roll them round . Cover and put them into the fridge for 20mins .
5. Meanwhile grease a 12 hole muffin tin. Preheat the oven at 180c .
6. Remove the chilled dough from the fridge and roll them flat about 8cm wide . place then into the muffin holes and press to form a cup .Spoon the custard into the cavities ( no further proofing ) .
7. Bake them for 12-15minutes until the surface of the buns turn golden. Let them cool down to a manageable temperature and carefully remove them from the muffin tin .
8. Mix the peach sauce with the peach pieces. Top the custard buns with peach topping .