Ingredients :250g steamed purple sweet potato
500g pau flour
1teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
11g instant yeast
1. Mash sweet potato with almost all the water to get a fine paste.
2. With balance of water , mix with yeast.
3. Combine everythingexcept shortening and mix to form a dough.
4. Put in shortening and knead until dough is smooth.Add slightlymore flour if dough is too sticky to handle.If the dough is sticky but can retain its form,like not slacking down, just continue to knead,the gluten just hasn’t form, there’s no need to add extra flour .
5. Cover and let dough proof until double, about 1 hour .
6. Punch down dough and knead for 1 ~ 2 mins .
7. Divide dough into 50g portions and forms as you wish.
8. Cover and let the formed dough proof until doubled for another 45mins .
9. Steam on high heat for 12 mins .