Friday, 19 July 2013
Cherry clafoutis / Clafoutis aux Cerises ~ 法式甜品
An exquisite French classic from the Limousin region. Something of a cross between a flan and a cake. A claftouis is a rustic French baked dessert made by baking cherries in a custard-like batter similar to pancake batter.
Traditionally, a clafoutis is specifically made with black cherries, although many clafoutis variations include other fru...its such as plums, prunes, blueberries or apples. Technically, these variations should be called flaungardes, not clafoutis.
65ml heavy cream
1/2 vanilla bean, scraped ( I used 1 teaspoon vanilla essence )
35 ml whole milk
17 g caster sugar
35 g all-purpose flour, sifted 1 Tbs. Kirsch (or substitute with Grand Marnier or Cointreau) ( optional )
pitted or unpitted black cherries
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F)。
2. Heat the cream and vanilla bean seeds ( or vanilla essence ), together with the pod on a gentle heat until simmer。
3. Add the milk and let cool。
4. Remove the vanilla pod。
5. Meanwhile , beat the egg in a bowl .Pour the cream mixture into the egg .Whisk to combine .
6 .Put in flour and whisk to combine .Add in liqueur and stir .
7. Put some cherries (pitted or unpitted) in your baking dish and pour the batter on top of the cherries。
8. Bake for about 30-40mnts until the top is golden brown。
9. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm or at room temperature。