澳洲甜品 ~ 甜到入心入肺的 Pavlova
Ingredients :4 egg whites ( 120g )
200g castor sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200ml whipping cream
1 tbsp sugar
200g strawberried or more ( hulled and cut into chunks )
1. Pre-heat oven at 180c.Draw an 7 inch circle ( use a baking pan or plate / dish ) with a pencil on the wrong side if a non-stick baking paper.Place drawn side down on a large baking try .
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.Beat in sugar by the tablespoons until meringue is stiff .Put in cornstarch and beat for a while ( 10 seconds. Don’t worry it won’t deflate ). Fold in vinegar and vanilla extract . ( make sure all sugar is dissolved ) .
3. Mound meringue onto drawn circle , smoothing the sides and top .
4. Put into preheated oven and close the door .Immediately turn down the temperature to 130c and bake for 1 hour 15minutes .
5. When the meringue base is ready , it will look pale and may have some cracks.Leave meringue in oven with door slightly ajar to totally cool down .
1. beat whipping cream until almost stiff and put in sugar.Beat until stiff.Beat in gelatin mixture ( if using ) .
2. Spoon cream onto cooled meringue and top with strawberries .
3. Serve immediately.